Cycling Pro TENS/EMS/MCR unit 4 channels
The Globus Cycling Pro is a high-level, 4-channel, multi-functional electro-therapy unit (electrostimulator). We recommend the use of this unit especially for professional and amateur athletes, masseurs, and trainers, despite the fact that it offers an almost uncompromising option also for physiotherapists (there is no treatment program available on this unit for peripheral paralysis, i.e., for the treatment of the denervated muscle).
The general pain relief, microcurrent, muscle stimulator, iontophoresis and beauty programs are exactly the same as those of the Runner Pro, Triathlon Pro, Soccer Pro, Moto Pro, Genesy 300 Pro or the The Champion units.
The difference is that the Cycling Pro features a bunch of special programs for amateur and professional cyclists. These programs take into account the preparation, development, preventive, and regenerative purposes of the cyclist, and furthermore, they promote a speedy recovery from the typical injuries.
What's different about the Cycling Pro?
Primarily its high quality and exceptional full service distinguish it from other manufacturer’s devices designed for sports.
About the Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) in general
By use of muscle stimulation, a single muscle or a few muscles, muscle groups can be treated. The treatment is carried out by placing the electrodes onto the skin over the muscle to be treated, parallel to the run of the muscle fibers.
The impulse delivered by the unit induces the contraction of the muscles. The impulse only triggers the contraction, the muscle itself contracts naturally. However, the natural muscle stimulation is always “controlled", the brain “permits” the involvement of only a certain number of muscle fibers for the execution of the movement. By stimulation, you “bypass” this limit, thereby a much cleaner and stronger muscle contraction can be elicited. Therefore, the stimulation exerts a more powerful effect on the treated muscle than the workouts. Of course, it affects only the treated muscles , thus it is a tool that was designed for something else entirely than the training itself, i.e., it is not a substitute, but a complementary method!
Depending on the frequence, shape, and duration of the impulse, it results in different treatment effects: relaxes the muscle, improves circulation, strengthen, thicken the muscle fibers, or increases the overall muscular strength.
The main areas of application of electrical muscle stimulation in sports
- Warm-up- it is essential for athletes prone to injury. The stimulation prepares the muscles for the load they will be subjected to. It improves muscle circulation, warms and relaxes the muscles, ligaments and tendons - injury prevention!
- Capillarization- improve muscle blood supply, stimulation of capillary network growth
- Speeds up muscle recovery (if the electrical muscle stimulation treatment is carried out within 2 hours after training, then 45-50% of the lactic acid, creatine kinase (CK) and other metabolites will be flushed out, it significantly shortens the muscle recovery time)
- Relaxation of stiff muscles - it decreases reflex muscle stiffness following physical loading or due to injury
- It reduces muscle pain after injury and stimulates the healing process
- In case of inactivity due to injury or surgery, it prevents decline in muscle strength (the unused muscle loses its strength rapidly as a consequence of forced inactivity - you can lose in 1-2 weeks, what you have developed during months of preparation - you can prevent it by electrical muscle stimulation).
- It does not load the joints, thus this treatment method can immediately be started also after arthritis / surgery, and it prevents the loss of muscle strength
- It provides an additional muscle therapy for the major muscle groups of the body for people who are short on time (e.g. for cyclists, the quadriceps muscles are of primary importance - being the primary movers of the leg when they push through the pedal stroke - which can also be trained with the muscle stimulator e.g. while sitting in the office!)
- The development training program can focus on the muscle, that is ordinarily not properly developing
- This method provides such extra support for muscle development, that you can only partially get via conventional training approaches!
Main functions for cyclists
Muscle stimulation programs
The sport porgrams of Cycling Pro ensure maximization of warm-up, capillarization, endurance, endurance strength, maximum muscle strength, explosiveness and of muscle recovery. The use of these programs provides a substantial opportunity for performance development for the amateur athletes (training 4-5 times a week).
However, for the professional cyclists, mainly the warm-up and recovery programs provide extra help to achieve their goal.
It does matter how you prepare your muscles for the heavy-load trainings - since the majority of the injuries occur in cases when the muscles, and ligaments are still “cold" and stiff, mostly at the beginning of the training session, or contest.
Another big advantage it holds is ensuring the speeding up of muscle recovery There is evidence that by muscle stimulation, 45-50% of the metabolites can be removed from the muscle tissue, which accumulated during physical loading, thus the recovery time can significantly be reduced.
Special programs supporting preparation for cycling competition
This unit is suitable for professional and amateur cyclists, regardless of the cycling discipline: either for road, cyclocross, mountain bike, or BMX races, etc.
The aims of the training programs supporting physical preparation are improving the ability of the muscles involved in cycling pedal stroke to sustain an effort for a long time (i.e., improving muscle endurance, namely the ability of a muslce to contract repeatedly within a given time without becoming exhausted), preventing joint and muscle injuries, and reducing risk factors.
Depending on the sports disciline, you can increase your muscle tolerance during long distance cycling, improve the specific skills required for the sprints, and the endurance strength, which is especially necessary for cycling in the hills (riding a bike uphill).
Special programs are available for the treatment of the “complementary” muscles, namely the upper limb and trunk muscles.
By use of the preventive programs, you can stabilize the muscles supporting the patella (kneecap), in order to avoid inflammation of the knee due to overload. When you train your muscles properly, you can drastically reduce your chances of injury and inflammations (knee, Achilles tendon) due to overload, the occurrence of which is almost inevitable in the cyclists' lives.
By strengthening your trunk muscles, you can avoid back and lower back pain emerging during long runs and bike rides.
The pain relief and rehabilitation programs (e.g., TENS and microcurrent) aim to speed up recovery from injuries, and meanwhile, to maintain (optimal) muscle condition for improved performance.
The importance of microcurrent treatments
During the preparation time for a cycling competition, you need to train a lot, and often with high-load. These training sessions impose a substantial load on the musculoligamentous system. There are hardly any cyclists, who have not experienced knee pain or Achilles pain in their leg. In response to the heavy and sustained overload, the ligaments react with inflammation, which hinders the preparation for competition, moreover, it can force to inactivity.
The microcurrent programs of the Globus Cycling Pro unit have a healing accelerating, and anti-inflammatory effect (in contrast with the TENS currents, the use of which does not result in a healing effect). The Cycling Pro’s significant advantage over all other competing devices is that it has a large number of microcurrent programs, stimulating the healing of the most typical injuries. Here you can read more about the impact of microcurrent programs.
The Globus Cycling Pro Electrostimulator’s programs
- 46 SPECIAL PROGRAMS: specific development programs aimed to improve the physical performance of cyclists
- 53 SPORT PROGRAMS (development of muscle fiber-specific skills, muscle recovery, capillarization, warm-up)
- 58 FITNESS PROGRAMS (Toning, shredding, general fitness)
- 23 MICROCURRENTS (pain relief and anti-inflammatory treatment, accelerated regeneration of damaged tissues and rapid healing)
- 18 “3S” SERIAL SEQUENTIAL STIMULATION PROGRAM LIST includes 18 parameter combinations for edema treatment, and accelerating regeneration
- 36 BEAUTY PROGRAMS (ideal for beauty treatments )
- 13 SKIN-FACE PROGRAMS, presents the regenerative G-PULSE currents (proposed for Aesthetic and Beauty applications and able to regenerate the collagen production in the tissues. G-PULSE treatment is carried out with the special G-Trode handpiece, which can be purchased separately)
- 12 PAIN RELIEF/TENS PROGRAMS (pain relieving programs without a healing effect, or eliminating the cause)
- 7 ACTION NOW PROGRAM LIST includes 7 parameter combinations (the combination of active movements and muscle stimulation)
- 3 REHAB PROGRAMS (to enhance recovery/rehabilitation after knee surgeries)
- 1 Iontophoresis (treatment program primarily to accelerate the healing of joint injuries - the Iontophoresis kit is not included in the price)
Technical features of Cycling Pro
- Built-in training programs
- 4 channels (8 electrodes)
- Special features: Function 2+2 (possibility to run 2 different programs at the same time in 2 channel pairs - in the "2+2 mode” -, so you can manage both your e.g. knee and neck pain simultaneously)
- Display: Backlit
- Feedback mechanism: contact detection (contact sensors detecting contact with the patient) - treatment can only be started when the electrodes are in contact with the patient
- Power supply: 7.2V, 1.8Ah rechargeable Ni-MH battery, with charger
- Frequency: 0,3 - 150 Hz
- Impulse width (Amplitude): 40 - 450 µs
- Maximal intensity: 120 mA, adjustable between 0 and 120 mA
- Constant current (CC) generator (guarantees a steady current flow in case of any skin conditions, furthermore, the unit stops the current flow if the electrode drops)
- Compensated, biphasic square wave (the signal quality is constant from the positive to the negative pole, there is no polarization effect)
- If the mains charger plug of the unit is connected to the mains electrical power source, treatment should not be initiated for safety reasons (it does not allow the unit to be switched on)