Premium 400 TENS/EMS/MCR unit 4 channels
The Globus Premium 400 is a high-level, 4-channel, multi-functional electro-therapy unit (electrostimulator). We recommend the use of this unit especially for professional and amateur athletes, masseurs, and trainers, despite the fact that it offers an almost uncompromising option also for physiotherapists (there is no treatment program available on this unit for peripheral paralysis, i.e., for the treatment of the denervated muscle).
The general pain relief, microcurrent, muscle stimulator, iontophoresis and beauty programs are exactly the same as those of the Runner Pro, Cycling Pro, Soccer Pro, Moto Pro, Genesy 300 Pro or the The Champion units. Premium 400 doesn't provides G-Pulse programs.
The difference is that the Premium 400 features a bunch of special programs for amateur and professional sport: running, ski running, martial arts, tennis, soccer and cycling. These programs take into account the preparation, development, preventive, and regenerative purposes, and furthermore, they promote a speedy recovery from the typical injuries.
The unit has a multi-language menu system, it comes with an english language user's manual, and its use is very simple, user-friendy and transparent.
About the Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS) in general
By use of muscle stimulation, a single muscle or a few muscles, muscle groups can be treated. The treatment is carried out by placing the electrodes onto the skin over the muscle to be treated, parallel to the run of the muscle fibers.
The impulse delivered by the unit induces the contraction of the muscles. The impulse only triggers the contraction, the muscle itself contracts naturally. However, the natural muscle stimulation is always “controlled", the brain “permits” the involvement of only a certain number of muscle fibers for the execution of the movement. By stimulation, you “bypass” this limit, thereby a much cleaner and stronger muscle contraction can be elicited. Therefore, the stimulation exerts a more powerful effect on the treated muscle than the workouts. Of course, it affects only the treated muscles , thus it is a tool that was designed for something else entirely than the training itself, i.e., it is not a substitute, but a complementary method!
Depending on the frequence, shape, and duration of the impulse, it results in different treatment effects: relaxes the muscle, improves circulation, strengthen, thicken the muscle fibers, or increases the overall muscular strength.
The main areas of application of electrical muscle stimulation in sports
- Warm-up- it is essential for athletes prone to injury. The stimulation prepares the muscles for the load they will be subjected to. It improves muscle circulation, warms and relaxes the muscles, ligaments and tendons - injury prevention!
- Capillarization- improve muscle blood supply, stimulation of capillary network growth
- Speeds up muscle recovery (if the electrical muscle stimulation treatment is carried out within 2 hours after training, then 45-50% of the lactic acid, creatine kinase (CK) and other metabolites will be flushed out, it significantly shortens the muscle recovery time)
- Relaxation of stiff muscles - it decreases reflex muscle stiffness following physical loading or due to injury
- It reduces muscle pain after injury and stimulates the healing process
- In case of inactivity due to injury or surgery, it prevents decline in muscle strength (the unused muscle loses its strength rapidly as a consequence of forced inactivity - you can lose in 1-2 weeks, what you have developed during months of preparation - you can prevent it by electrical muscle stimulation).
- It does not load the joints, thus this treatment method can immediately be started also after arthritis / surgery, and it prevents the loss of muscle strength
- It provides an additional muscle therapy for the major muscle groups of the body for people who are short on time (e.g. for cyclists, the quadriceps muscles are of primary importance - being the primary movers of the leg when they push through the pedal stroke - which can also be trained with the muscle stimulator e.g. while sitting in the office!)
- The development training program can focus on the muscle, that is ordinarily not properly developing
- This method provides such extra support for muscle development, that you can only partially get via conventional training approaches!
Premium 400 programjai
- 44 SPECIAL PROGRAMS: specific development programs aimed to improve the physical performance for running, skirunning, martial arts, tennis, soccer, cycling.
- 53 SPORT PROGRAMS (development of muscle fiber-specific skills, muscle recovery, capillarization, warm-up)
- 58 FITNESS PROGRAMS (Toning, shredding, general fitness)
- 23 MICROCURRENTS (pain relief and anti-inflammatory treatment, accelerated regeneration of damaged tissues and rapid healing)
- 18 “3S” SERIAL SEQUENTIAL STIMULATION PROGRAM LIST includes 18 parameter combinations for edema treatment, and accelerating regeneration
- 36 BEAUTY PROGRAMS (ideal for beauty treatments, but not for G-pulse!)
- PAIN RELIEF/TENS PROGRAMS (pain relieving programs without a healing effect, or eliminating the cause)
- 7 ACTION NOW PROGRAM LIST includes 7 parameter combinations (the combination of active movements and muscle stimulation)
- 3 INCONTINENCE TREATMENT programs
- 1Iontophoresis (treatment program primarily to accelerate the healing of joint injuries - the Iontophoresis kit is not included in the price)
Technical features of Premium
- Built-in training programs
- 4 channels (8 electrodes)
- Special features: Function 2+2 (possibility to run 2 different programs at the same time in 2 channel pairs - in the "2+2 mode” -, so you can manage both your e.g. knee and neck pain simultaneously)
- Display: Backlit
- Feedback mechanism: contact detection (contact sensors detecting contact with the patient) - treatment can only be started when the electrodes are in contact with the patient
- Power supply: 7.2V, 1.8Ah rechargeable Ni-MH battery, with charger
- Frequency: 0,3 - 150 Hz
- Impulse width (Amplitude): 40 - 450 µs
- Maximal intensity: 120 mA, adjustable between 0 and 120 mA
- Constant current (CC) generator (guarantees a steady current flow in case of any skin conditions, furthermore, the unit stops the current flow if the electrode drops)
- Compensated, biphasic square wave (the signal quality is constant from the positive to the negative pole, there is no polarization effect)
- If the mains charger plug of the unit is connected to the mains electrical power source, treatment should not be initiated for safety reasons (it does not allow the unit to be switched on)