DermaDry Total Hyperhidrosis Treatment is a drug and needle-free solution for those who suffer from abnormal hand, foot or underarm sweating. It is designed for independent use by people over the age of 13 years (under 13 years of age, use is only recommended under constant parental supervision).
The DermaDry is specifically designed for home treatment of hyperhidrosis, making it extremely easy to use and can be learnt in minutes. A treatment lasts 15-20 minutes. A course of 12-14 treatments will provide 6-8 weeks of skin dryness. Sweating will return over time, at which point another course of treatment is required.
The device uses the latest pulsating technology to ensure the best results.Its reliability is proven by the fact that it is recommended by the International Society of Hyperhidrosis as one of the most effective treatment tools by the International Society of Physicians for the Treatment of Abnormal Sweating. Clinically proven results! Studies have shown that the success rate of hyperhidrosis treatment is between 93% and 100%!
- The tap water acts evenly over the entire problem area. For example, if your palm sweats, it will eliminate it in the whole palm area, not just one part.
- To eliminate sweating, a certain current is needed. If you don't feel the electric treatment, it means you have set a low current and should expect minimal effect.
- The success of the treatment depends in part on the strength of the current used. Higher currents are more effective, but can be uncomfortable.
- The current level you can tolerate is different for everyone. You need to adjust it according to the sensitivity of your skin.
- Your hands, feet and armpits require different amperage. In general, hands and feet can tolerate higher currents than the armpits.
- The frequency of treatments depends on the severity of the hyperhidrosis. In mild cases, it is enough to treat every other day, while in severe cases, you can have up to two treatments a day.
- Treatments should be given in a course of treatments. That is, treat intensively for 10-14 days, then switch to "maintenance" after the positive effect has been achieved, i.e. 1-2 treatments per week for 2-3 months to maintain the positive condition.
- If the heavy sweating starts again, start another intensive treatment.
- After a few months, you can rely on your experience. Treat accordingly as your sweating decreases and returns.
- Unfortunately, tap water iontophoresis does not cure the disease itself, but it can reduce the symptoms. The main advantage is that you don't need to take or use any chemicals.
You should not use iontophoresis to treat hyperhidrosis if any of the following apply. If in doubt, consult your doctor.
- You have a pacemaker
- You have an ICD (implantable cardioverter defibrillator)
- You have a heart problem (for example, a heart rhythm disorder)
- You have had an epileptic seizure
- Having a pregnancy or the possibility of pregnancy
- Having an intrauterine device (IUD) containing metal
- Having a metal implant in or near the area to be treated
- Large area of skin lesions, epithelial defects (if so large that you cannot cover with Vaseline)
- In case of skin infection (orbital)
- Polyneuropathy in the treated area
- Tumour in the treated area
- Acute phlebitis and thrombosis
Possible side effects
The side effects of iontophoresis are almost exclusively mild and transient, i.e. they disappear soon after treatment is stopped.
- Irritation, redness (erythema), burning sensation, small blisters (vesiculation) and itching (pruritus). If you experience this, use a lower intensity, but wait until the symptoms have completely disappeared before your next treatment.
- "Stinging" sensations. You may feel a slight pain at the start of the treatment or after the polarity is changed. If you reduce the intensity of the treatment, the sensation will go away (although the effectiveness of the treatment will also be slightly reduced).
- Increased sweating. After the first few treatments, you may find that sweating seems to increase instead. Don't worry, after a few treatments it will "return" to normal, i.e. it will decrease.
- Dry skin. Iontophoresis can cause the skin to dry out. Use a moisturizer after treatments.