Iontophoresis against hyperhidrosis or for better transdermal drug transport
Many years of scientifi c studies have shown that tap water iontophoresis can be a highly effective alternative to medication or surgery. The treatment with IontoBravo is done using simple hand and foot baths. The weak current which is passed through the water, is suffi cient to reduce the excretion of the sweat glands, without damaging them. Current is applied by wet sponge bags to treat the armpit area.
Optimal results are achieved with direct current, but sensitive patients or children can rely on pulsed current, which is effective as well. If initial treatment is applied once a day for approximately 15 minutes, sweat secretion should normalize within 2 – 3 weeks. Maintenance sessions should be performed one to two times per week to prevent re-occurrence.
Iontophoresis is also useful to enhance drug delivery through the skin into deeper tissue.
Features and Benefits:
- Digital one-channel-device
- DC treatment for best therapy results or pulsed current for a more pleasant feeling.
- Individually adjustable pulse width
- Individually adjustable treatment time
- Extra-large aluminum electrodes for uniform current density in the water bath
- Stable hard case for safe transport and use as detachable treatment trays
- Effective wrist protection for hand treatments by foam rolls
- Armpit set available for additional treatment options
- Drug iontophoresis optional
- No mains connection providing a safer treatment for the user
- Economical operation using included rechargeable batteries.
- Indication of kind of pulse, intensity and remaining treatment time
- Suitable for use in clinics, at doctors or in home therapy
- Statistics showing important global treatment data or detailed statistics of each session for 60 days of treatment with date and time
- Intensity: 0 – 30 mA
- Power supply: 4 rechargeable NiMH-batteries
- 1,5 V Type AA
- Shape of pulse: monophasic, rectangular, positive
- Frequency of pulsed current: 9900 Hz
- Pulse width: 50 – 90 μs
- Dimensions of the device:
- 74 x 141 x 40 mm (B x H x D)
- Weight: 245 g incl. batteries