Power Q-1000 Plus compression therapy unit
The Power Q-1000 Plus is a simple compression therapy unit, controlling the operation of 4 compression chamber cuffs, and is capable of treating, or improving several diseases and complaints, mostly in mild conditions.
- It is excellent for the treatment of lymphedema in the comfort of your home. It can be used in mild condition.
- You can use it equally in edema affecting the arms or legs.
- Its good for arm swelling, developing after breast removal surgery (mastectomy).
- You can effectively eliminate the feeling of heaviness of legs, and tension pains caused by varicosity.
- You can also apply it to relieve swelling of your feet associated with varicosity in pregnancy.
- Excellent for the treatment of post-thrombotic state (3 months after the acute phase has resolved)
- In case of limb paralysis, decreased mobility, it stimulates blood circulation when regularly applied, and helps to prevent swelling and the development of thrombosis
- Reducing cellulite symptoms (by using leg and waist cuffs)
- Improvement of muscle regeneration after sports - it increases the excretion of metabolites and accelerates the regeneration
- It provides a relaxing and pleasant massage to the tired body. It refreshes and soothes.
General features of Power Q-1000 Plus
Leg cuff (available in M-L-XL sizes), arm cuff (available in M-L sizes) and waist cuff (available in M-L sizes) can be connected to the device. In order to select the appropriate size, look at the size chart and measure the relevant circumferences!
You can connect up to 3 cuffs to the device at a time.
Each cuff is composed of 4 air compartments.
The device provides one type of inflation program: first it blows the lower air compartment to the set pressure, and then if reached moves to the next. The inflated air compartment puts pressure on the underlying tissues and “squeezes out” the edema.
The device has only two control buttons (pressure setting and operating time). It can also be used easily by those who do not cope with more sophisticated technical tools.
The set pressure value is the same in all air compartments.
The treatment time can be set between 5-30 minutes. When it expires, the device stops.
Risks of treatment
If you set too high pressure, it can lead to “hardening of skin” on the edematous body parts. This in turn, can worsen your condition - therefore avoid the use of high pressure!
In case of heart disease, heart failure, cardiomyopathy, or after myocardial infarction, never apply a higher pressure than 40-50 mmHg, and use only one cuff at the same time! By using more than one cuff at a time, you may overload your circulation, which can eventually lead to heart complaints.
Do not massage the tumor tissue directly, because you can promote the spread of the tumor. But, for example, in case of a thyroid cancer, you can safely manage your feet.
Selecting the proper cuff size:
It is important to select the most accurate cuff size. Therefore, measure the circumference of your arms, feet and trunk. Choosing the correct size will result in a more effective treatment.
Use the following locations on the body to measure circumference:
- when using the leg cuff: ankle - leg - kneecap - top of thigh (upper-thigh)
- when using the arm cuff: wrist - forearm - upper arm circumference (below the armpit)
- when using the waist cuff (abdominal band): waist circumference, measured at the width of the palm below the navel - hip
In the light of these data you can select the correct size cuff!
Technical features of the Power Q-1000 Plus compression therapy unit
- Adjustable cuff pressure: 0-240 mmHg
- The cuff pressure is same for each air compartment
- Adjustable treatment time: between 0 and 30 minutes
- Type of the cuffs: 4 chamber (4 air chambers/ air compartments)
- Weight of the unit: 3.1 Kg
- Number of programs: 1