Are you unsure what treatment can relieve your symptoms or which device is right for you? We are happy to give you advice. CLICK HERE to find the right device for you!
Urinary leakage is a difficulty in holding urine, where the urine involuntarily leak. Different forms of urinary leakage
Stress urinary leakage:
- Urinary leakage or leakage occurs during simple events such as laughing, sneezing, coughing, sitting up and generally any situation where the bladder is under pressure.
- The most common form of female urine leakage is caused by overexertion.
- During pregnancy or later around menopause, the tone of the pelvic floor muscles decreases and thus does not support the bladder properly, causing it to descend lower, into the vagina.
“Urge” urinary leakage:
- This form of urinary leakage is a sudden, intense urge to urinate, which the patient is unable to suppress, causing uncontrollable urine flow.
- In general, there is very little time to reach the toilet before the "accident" occurs.
- In older age, the bladder muscles become more muscular and the sphincter muscles contract less, which together may be responsible for the urinary leakage.
Mixed urinary leakage:
- A mixed form of the above is also common in women.
- muscle strengthening
- pharmacological therapy
- medical aids